Science Field Day

                                    On March 18, 2017, we had Science Field Day.

   We went really early at the local high school. We got there at 7:15 AM, where my partner and I stood in line to sign in. In about 15 minutes, there was an opening assembly. After that, we waited and waited because our time was at Phase 2, and that time was for Phase 1. Finally, when our time came, my partner and I went into a room, with the words, "Periodic Properties.", which was the subject that we were doing. We were going against fourteen teams in this subject. The rules, were: we only have about 1 minute and 30 seconds, when we have to switch to the next station; each station had about 3-4 questions, and the first two, if you get them wrong, just no points, but if the third one is wrong, then one point is taken away; you cannot go to the previous station when the time is up; and when the time is up, and you don't switch, then you be disqualified, same as if you brought notes. Before we started the test, the administrator actually admitted that the test was really hard, and it was true. We started from station 27 and moved on, and when we were doing the test, it was so hard that every time when we don't know the answers, my brain just can't think straight, and then we guess the answers, which I just keep hoping that we got the answers correct, or else that we have no chance of winning. Some of the answers were really easy, and when that comes across, I feel super confident that the answer is correct. At the end of our test, we didn't even complete or finish doing some of the stations, and we guessed at least twice in every station. As a matter of fact, some of the questions that were on there, were things that we weren't subjected to study! Even so, we had tried really hard, predicting the answers to the questions. We rested for Phase 3 to end, and finally when it ended, we went into a GYM. where we watched competitors battled against others in the BECAP. In the middle, we ate lunch, and I ate a Jack-in-the-box breakfast burger. Finally we went back to see the BECAP event again, and the team that I cheered on won first. The final event was the ceremonial event, where they call your subject, name, and place and you get awarded with a medal. My partner and I were called for third place for Periodic Properties, my heart leaped for heavens. The school that I represented was in second place with seven points behind the first winning team, that get to keep a trophy! So close though! It is like hearing the basketball team that you were cheering on for lost by just a little bit. Overall I had a good day, especially that I got a medal, which is one of my goals that I had achieved.


The medal that I got for third place on the Periodic Properties.

Comments

  1. I actually thought that me and my partner would be last in the subject we did, which was Periodic Properties.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment